Walthers Trainline HO FA-1 Diesel Locomotive Soo Line #210-B
Walthers Trainline HO FA-1 Diesel Locomotive Soo Line #210-B, Tested, runs well in both directions. Cosmetically excellent, in original box.
THIS WALTHERS FA-1 LOCOMOTIVE FEATURES:
- SMOOTH RUNNING POWERFUL CAN MOTOR WITH DUAL FLYWHEELS
- HEAVY DIE CAST METAL FRAME
- FOR USE WITH ALL HO GAUGE MODELS
- OPERATING HEADLIGHTS
- 8 WHEEL PICKUP AND DRIVE
- HIGHLY DETAILED PLASTIC BODY
- PROTOTYPICALLY PAINTED IN AUTHENTIC RAILROAD COLORS
- CONVENTIONAL DC TYPE ENGINE (NOT DCC EQUIPPED)
EMD GP9 LOCOMOTIVE FACTS
The Electro-Motive Division (EMD) of General Motors was the last major builder to enter the road switcher market, introducing the GP7 (GP for General Purpose) in 1949. In 1954, the more powerful GP9 was unveiled with a 1750 horsepower prime-mover. This became the most successful of the early geeps, with sales of more than 3,800 locos in the U.S. and Canada. As the GP9s were bumped from major freight and passenger trains by newer locos, they began new careers as switchers. Many roads rebuilt them with a low nose to improve forward visibility and they continue to serve in switching, wayfreight and transfer assignments today.